22nd MP Lennox Longboard Classic 2019 Wrapup
Last weekend 3rd & 4th August, The 22nd Lennox Longboard Classic 2019 was held at Lennox Main in 2 days of pristine sunny days & a Southeast swell with wave sets up to meter & a half.
Some 100 Competitors converged on Lennox Head over the weekend. to longboard surf covering 7 age & Gender divisions. good winds offshore most of the morning. Set the stage for some standout Longboarding over the weekend in Lennox.
Competitors traveled in from east coast Destinations Woolgoolga NSW to the Gold Coast QLD.
Standouts for the comp were the Ladies Final . Closely contested with the eventual winner to Lee Middleton of Lennox Head.
Charlie O’ Sullivan from Woolgoolga was a standout in both the Open 9ft & Over 40’s & Showpiece noseriding to Bryce Watson from Palm Beach Gold Coast
2 boards were given away The Competitor’s longboard from Free Flight/ Sideways was won by Denis Carberry of Burleigh.
And the Raffle Board from Amos Shapes to Carol Mison of Evans Head.
Thanks goes to all Sponsors who supported the event The 2 major ones being Mobile Plumbing Lennox Head & Ripcurl Ballina
A big thankyou to the Lennox Surf club for their water safety, Entire contest surveillance C/- Jet ski A1 & Appeciated by all
TWO days of laid back Comp Longboarding was had at Lennox Head.
This event has been supporting charities such as the NSW Cancer Council, Disabled Surfing Association & THE Local Westpac Rescue Helicopter.
In the 22nd year of this event we again will be supporting the above.
Thanks to Mark & Peta Atkins (Wetlens) For some awesome pics of the Classic
Ladies , Sponsor: Inner Beauty Lennox Head.
1. Lee Middleton , (Lennox Head)
2. Wendy Stevenson, (Burleigh QLD)
3. Eleanor Robertson (Lennox Head)
4. Una Fahey (Lennox Head)
5. Jane Birch (Lennox Head)
6. Anna Mc Cabe (Lennox Head)
Old Mal / Loggers, Sponsors Lennox Gelato & Coffee Co & Seven Mile Brewing Co.
1. Bryce Watson (Palm Beach QLD)
2. Peter Wickham (Burleigh QLD)
3. Matt Durkin (Lennox Head)
4. Wayne Offner (Cabarita)
Juniors, Sponsor Lennox Head Surf.
1. Nathan Mc Kenzie (Lennox Head)
2. Angus Gover (Lennox Head)
3. Tasman Cahill (Lennox Head)
9ft Open Sponsor Lennox Hotel, Lennox Beach Resort.
1. Aaron Howe (Woolgoolga)
2. Charlie O’Sullivan (Woolgoolga)
3. Scott Channon (Lennox Head)
4. Bryce Watson (Palm Beach QLD)
Over 40’s Sponsor Surf Eclipse Accessories.
1. Charlie O’Sullivan (Woolgoolga)
2. Brendan Cahill (Lennox Head)
3. Dave Sullivan (Lennox Head)
4. Micheal Crisp (Lennox Head)
Over 50’s Sponsor : Sideways Surf Outlets & Hueys Surf Wax
1. Scott Dorough (Cabarita)
2. Greg Gover (Lennox Head)
3. Wayne Offner (Cabarita)
4. Andrew Thomas (Lennox Head)
Over 60’s Sponsor Mobile Plumbing Lennox.
1. Mike Pimm (Cabarita)
2. Ken Bernard (Cabarita)
3. Gary Alford (Lennox Head)
4. Peter Regan (Lennox Head)
Over 65’s Sponsor Ripcurl Ballina.
1. Peter Hall (Byron Bay)
2. Denis Carberry (Burleigh)
3. Eric Walker (Ballina)
4. Ben Hutchings (Cabarita)
Mystery Final event Sponsor Triple X Rash Shirts.
1. Bruce Wilson (Ballina)
2. Mick Gett (Cabarita)
3. Wayne Booth (Lennox Head)
4. Peta Crew (Lennox Head)
5. Terry Kay (Lennox Head)
6. Kate Ashdown
Best Over 50’s Ladies– Liz Petterson (Cabarita)
Noserider Award – Bryce Watson (Palm Beach QLD )
Cheers In Surfing