The Lennox Longboard Classic TURNS 21
Report & Results of The 21st MP Lennox Longboard Classic 2018.
Held Over the weekend August 4th & 5th, over 2 Pristine days. Saturday swell size was very small real small, but favorable winds, Venue Lennox Main. Sunday predicted swell size was less than 1 ft, but it surprised us & doubled up with nice contestable waves at Lennox Main Beach. 100 competitors covering 8 Age & Gender divisions surfed this year. Sunday was a Awesome Day with some really contestable waves for longboarding. Lennox Main turned it on, & it got better with the incoming tide.
Stand out surfing rounds for Sunday were the Old Mal / Loggers Semi final on Sunday Morning. with some real old style log riding in improving surf & Nose riding displays to wow the crowd watching on the foreshore vantage spots.
The Open 9 ft Final as good as any longboard final with the eventual winner Scott Channon of Lennox Head surfing with his known classy longboard performance, winning again for the second year in a row. And in the Ladies Eleanor Robertson of Lennox Head winning the Ladies repeating her ongoing performances of 2017.
A noted Performance was the Logging style of Dean Sauvage, a junior coming second in the loggers final, Styling the log amazingly for his age .
The Nose riding of Alex Glassington of the Gold Coast a past Local Junior, Returning from a absence from the comp circles was top class in all his events.
The Winners of the Longboards given away were, The Phil Myers Fluid Free Flight Logger went to Alex Glassington on Saturday Night & The Amos Shapes Longboard from the raffle was to Roz Brown of Lennox, drawn Sunday at the Presso. Both Of course totally stoked
Sponsorship was appreciated from all the local Businesses, Mobile Plumbing Services Lennox was the Main Sponsor. With great support also from Ripcurl Ballina, Inner Beauty Lennox, Lennox Surf, Herron Todd & White, Lennox Hotel ,Stone & Wood & Sideways Surf new supporting the Classic this Year
Monies from the proceeds of the event go to beneficiary Charities & organizations such as The NSW Cancer Council, Westpac Helicopter & Surfing for disabled Association. As we have done for all past 21 years of this event.
This event as with all previous years events, thanks the Competitors who patronize the Classic each year. And our Sponsors, Thankyou again for coming on board for 2018
All Pictures water shots Again Thanks to Craig Leete ,Lennox Head
And Cate Glassington Gold Coast….
Lennox Beach Resort, Lennox Hotel Open 9 Foot.
1. Scott Channon (Lennox). 2. Dean Bevan (Kingscliff). 3. Ben O’dwyer (Gold Coast). 4. Alex Glassington (Gold Coast)
Sideways Surf, Herron Todd White. Over 40’s
1. Dean Bevan (Kingscliff). 2. Erin Nicholls (Gold Coast). 3. Ben McCabe (Lennox Head). 4. Micheal Crisp (Ballina)
Lennox Head Surf, Over 50’s.
1. Mike Neunuebel (Denmark WA). 2. Wayne Offner (Gold Coast). 3. Mick Gett (Cabarita) . 4. Alain Sauvage (Caloundra).
MP Plumbing Over 60’s.
1. Mike Pimm (Cabarita). 2. John Eddy (Lennox Head) 3. Patrick O’Hagan (Sunshine Coast Qld). 4. Gary Alford (Lennox Head).
Ripcurl Ballina Over 65’s.
1. Eric Walker (Ballina) . 2.Ben Hutchings (Cabarita) . 3. Peter Dutton (Cabarita). 4. John Glassington (Lennox Head).
Lennox Gelato & Coffee Co, Old Mal / Loggers.
1. Lindsay Small (WA). 2. Dean Sauvage (Caloundra). 3. Alex Glassington (Gold Coast). 4. Chris Cain (Lennox Head).
Inner Beauty Lennox Head, Sun & Earth Zinc Ladies.
1. Eleanor Robertson (Lennox Head). 2. Jenny Hellyer (Lennox Head). 3. Lana Parkes (Lennox Head). 4. Kate Ashdown (Lennox Head). 5. Anna McCabe (Lennox Head). 6. Una Durkin (Lennox Head). Best Over 50 ‘s Ladies , Liz Petterson (Cabarita)
Triple X Wetsuits Mystery Final.
1. Dane Chalk (Gold Coast). 2. Anthony Wheatland (Burleigh) . 3. Denis Lowe (Cabarita) 4. Wayne Booth (Lennox Head). 5. Wayne Sullivan (Lennox Head). 6. Colin Small (Burleigh)
Best Junior Award – Dean Sauvage (Caloundra)
Best Nose ride – Alex Glassington ( Gold Coast)